1. Stop smoking - please!
2. Please stop drinking alcohol
3. Stop eating fried bread, chicken, or for that matter fried everything
4. Stop making excuses why you can't do something
5. Attend a traditional ceremony (and take a child with you)
6. Accept everyone for who they are (enrolled, not enrolled, non-language speaker, not in your tribe, etc. – especially if they are children)
7. Start walking – everyday
8. Enroll in an educational program
9. Volunteer in your community
10. Finally…If you are in a gang – get out; if you are in an unhealthy/violent relationship – get out and get help; if you live with people who are bad for your health – get out or kick them out; if you blame others for all of your poor decisions – stop it; if you are over thirty-years old and still blame your parent(s) for all of your problems – stop it; if you are over fifty and you have no close friends – maybe it is you!; and if you are the type of person who can find many reasons to disagree with these – hopefully you will discover you are most in need of them.
Peace, Happy New Year! DAP